[Sidefx-houdini-list] instance light + light mask

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Thu Jul 7 12:55:40 EDT 2011

hello all. I hope this is a simple question.

I'm instancing a light to an object with one point ( because the
light needs to be placed inside/stay with a translucent object
animated in DOPs)
I also have other lights in the scene.

I want this one object to only be illuminated by the instanced light
and not any other lights in the scene.
However, I'm not sure how to enter this in the light mask.

It seems that if I enter anything other than * I don't get any
illumination on that object.
I've tried entering the instanced object and the source light
explicitly.
I've also tried entering * and then eliminating lights with  a ^
string ....

but unless I enter a wide open * I don't seem to get any illumination
on this surface.

Any thoughts??

Thanks,

Larry