[Sidefx-houdini-list] Trompe loeil on a curved wall

David Johnson daveinengland at gmail.com
Wed Jul 6 17:21:53 EDT 2011

We are rendering a large poster type installation for a conference
room. The wall we need to hang the image on is curved out towards us.
We have done this on a number of flat walls to great effect, but now
they want us to do it on a wall that is rounded.

I'd like to make the effect as useful in as many different viewing
angles in the room as possible, since most of the time people will be
sitting at the table and be about 10' to 15' away, but anywhere along
the length of a 25' wall.

Is there a way to create a camera that has a curved "focal plane", so
that when we mount the rendered image on a curved wall, the effect
will be that it is somewhat flattened out?

Apologies to those who type in French.

Dave