[Sidefx-houdini-list] Invert metaball kernel effect with force SOP

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Tue Jul 5 10:10:30 EDT 2011

Thanks Edward and Mark.
This options are all right if you are doing your own kernel function in HDK
(Mark), or you have access to the density of the metaball in a volume
(Edward).
What I am saying is that if you want to use a metaball to define a force
field, to be used in a particle SOP, attractor POP, etc ... the radial force
is always defined from the kernel to the boundaries. But I want to do the
opposite without making my own kernel function in the HDK or using volumes.
Just any way to inverse the kernel function or tell the force SOP to use the
inverse kernel function.

2011/7/5 Edward Lam <edward at sidefx.com>

> On 05/07/2011 9:38 AM, Pablo Giménez wrote:
>
>> Probably is somethign fairly easy but seems that there is no way invert
>> the
>> kernel function for a metaball.
>>

> 1.0 - density?
>
> -Edward