[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini jobs at Cinesite

Janet Fraser janet at sidefx.com
Fri Jul 1 13:33:57 EDT 2011

Houdini Effects TD
Location
London

Starts
Immediate

Due to current and upcoming projects Cinesite has a number of positions
available within in our Effects Department so we would like to hear from
Houdini Effects TD’s.

      Main Responsibilities

The main focus of the position will be to create particle, fluid and
dynamics effects within Houdini.

      Experience / Skills

    * Excellent Houdini effects skills.
    * Experience in creating effects such as fire, smoke, destruction,
      explosions, mist, dust or similar.
    * Thorough understanding of simulation techniques and technologies
      relating to Effects, including SOPs, DOPs and VOPs.
    * Good working knowledge of Renderman preferred. Basic shader
      writing skills are a plus.
    * Python programming skills are an a advantage.
    * You must be able to work well within a team whilst also being able
      to solve shot-specific issues independently
    * Previous film industry experience is preferred.

We welcome applications from Junior, Mid and Senior/Lead Level FX
Technical Directors.

Along with your CV please submit a showreel demonstrating previous
experience with Houdini fluid, dynamics and particles. Please include a
shot breakdown.

Please apply online:

www.cinesite.com

Cinesite (Europe) Ltd. Registered Office: HemelOne, Boundary Way, Hemel
Hempstead, Herts, HP2 7YU Registered in Cardiff No. 2820389 VAT No. 630
5446 60
Janet Fraser                              Tel: 416-504-9876 Ext. 204
Senior Account Executive                  Fax: 416-504-6648
Side Effects Software                     Web: http://www.sidefx.com
123 Front Street West, Suite 1401
Toronto, Ontario, CANADA M5J 2M2