[Sidefx-houdini-list] Max Processors on a ROP node

jiversen jiversen at rhythm.com
Sun Jan 30 19:02:53 EST 2011

You can set HOUDINI_MAXTHREADS in your environment.  (It would be nice
to be able to set this in the UI somewhere too, but not yet).

%> hconfig -H HOUDINI_MAXTHREADS
HOUDINI_MAXTHREADS
    Controls the maximum number of threads to use for compute-intensive
    operations in Houdini.  The default of -1 means to use all available
    processors, while a value of 0 or 1 will disable multithreading
    entirely.  Positive values will clamp the number of threads that can be
    used.  Values of HOUDINI_MAXTHREADS larger than the number of CPU cores
    will be clamped.