[Sidefx-houdini-list] Max Processors on a ROP node

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Wed Jan 26 13:46:31 EST 2011

You have to run Houdini or Hbatch with the "-j 4" flag, that will
limit everything in Houdini to 4 threads.

If it's a Mantra ROP, you can use Max Processors, but that isn't what
you want in this case.

I don't know of a way within Houdini to alter the thread count without
restarting it with the -j flag.

Cheers,

Peter B

On 26 January 2011 09:52, Daniel Jenkins <thedj28 at googlemail.com> wrote:
> Its a ROP output driver for caching out volumes that I've created in
> SOPs. I've generated several volumes using "Volume From Attrib" (I'm
> on H11) and then caching them to bgeo files using the rop output
> driver.
>
> On 26 January 2011 17:38, Spencer Lueders
> <Spencer.Lueders at framestore.com> wrote:
>> Is this a mantra ROP?  for mantra the -j flag sets the number of threads it uses.  In the mantra ROP > Main > Command, place "mantra -j 4" will limit you to 4 threads.

No, I am not on Facebook.