[Sidefx-houdini-list] RBD Glue Strength

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Mon Jan 24 06:06:00 EST 2011

2011/1/21 Sean Lewkiw <Sean.Lewkiw at cis-vancouver.com>:
> I asked SESI, and here's the word.  Good to know...
>
> "When the bond breaks, the glue impulse is reset and the frame re-simmed. So to find the max glue impulse you need to run it with a -1 and see what it peaks at."
Well this makes sense to me.
But makes the workflow a little bit clunky, I am thinking that a good
solution to make it more interactive will be use a sopsolver attached
to a miltisolver, so after the RBD solver finished the sopsolver can
read the impulse information and offer a kind of visual cue of what is
going on, like some colors to indicate what areas are sufferng the
biggest impulse and some text to tell the amount of it.
Then with this info would be possible to adjust the internal glue and
run the RBD sim again.
Thanks for the info Sean