[Sidefx-houdini-list] Editng Python in a Digital Asset

Graham Thompson captainhammy at gmail.com
Wed Jan 19 17:49:04 EST 2011

Personally I just deal with it if my code isn't terribly complex or
long but it definitely does get annoying with longer blocks of code.
I will sometimes do what you mention about saving the section out,
however I do it a bit differently.  I'll save my PythonModule section
to a disk file then I delete the PythonModule section.  I then add the
file I just saved out back making sure to name it PythonModule.  After
that reloading the file works no problems.

Personally I'm 50/50 on whether or not I agree with Andrew's comment
about always using a module located in the path instead.  Depending on
circumstances I'll go either way but of course that's highly dependent
on what kind of versioning system you are running.  I think I tend
more towards keeping everything enclosed in the asset unless I'm
building lots of assets with lots of code overlap since a centralized
module makes changes to everything easier.