[Sidefx-houdini-list] Editng Python in a Digital Asset

Sean Lewkiw Sean.Lewkiw at cis-vancouver.com
Wed Jan 19 15:44:00 EST 2011

How are you peeps dealing with editing python code inside a digital asset?

When I edit the file live in the scripts tab, it makes me want to pull my hair out.  Hitting "commit" scrolls the file to the top of the page, and hitting a new line does not auto-indent.  At some point somewhere indents get messed up and it won't compile and I end up "alt+e" editing it to restore sanity.  However, editing it this way causes the usual scrolling to the top of the file, and makes life miserable.

I thought I could use the "Save as file" button to save the script out, then edit, load it back in using the "Filename" section on the right side of the tab, and then "reload all files", but this does not seem to do anything.

Am I missing something?  Is there an easier way?

Sean

This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for use by the addressee(s) named herein and may contain confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this e-mail, you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying of this email and any attachments is strictly prohibited. If you receive this email in error, please immediately notify the sender by return email and permanently delete the original, any copy and any printout thereof. The integrity and security of e-mail cannot be guaranteed.