[Sidefx-houdini-list] DOPS and scale

Michael K. O'Brien mobrien at pixar.com
Tue Jan 18 12:08:26 EST 2011

Hola~

There are several constants in physics simulations that have dependencies on
distance that aren't exposed (like damping factors). If you try to do really
large or small scale simulations, float precisions starts to creep in as
well.

We usually scale the world down so something that is 1 unit == 1m when
possible. We've had problems with changing the units.

MO