[Sidefx-houdini-list] Rename via Python Script

Graham Thompson captainhammy at gmail.com
Tue Jan 18 10:33:54 EST 2011

Something like this should work.  You can run it from the Python Shell
or paste it into the Python Source Editor and hit Accept.

container = hou.node("path/to/object")
for child in container.children():
    new_name = child.name().replace("mesh", "skin")
    child.setName(new_name)

container.createDigitalAsset("my_asset_name", "my_asset_file_path",
"my_asset_label")