[Sidefx-houdini-list] DOPS and scale

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 23:19:01 EST 2011

I believe 1 unit defaults to 1 metre and 1 weight unit is Kg (forget
exactly). It's in the Preferences->Miscellaneous section. So the
"smaller object" would have lower mass and therefor less force
required to accelerate it.

Unless I've really badly forgotten my highschool physics :) in which
case I blame the antibiotics...

Cheers,

Peter B

On 17 January 2011 19:00, Alex Czetwertynski <alex at franktheplumber.com> wrote:
> When modeling objects to be used in DOPS, does one have to pay attention to scale?  I noticed a wind force had a much stronger influence on a smaller object, but I'm not sure what the rule of thumb is in terms of getting things to be in a good mid-range?
> staying within the range of the initial grid maybe?
>
> Thanks
> Alex

No, I am not on Facebook.