[Sidefx-houdini-list] DOPs Impact question

Craig Hoffman craigleehoffman at aol.com
Wed Jan 12 15:40:05 EST 2011

 Hi guys,

I am doing a DOPs simulation and getting the Impact data out to drive particle systems where impacts happen and am having some issues.

The DOPs sim looks really accurate- no interpenetrations or anything, but the "Impact" positions coming out of DOPs aren' exactly where I would expect them to be.  Some are a fair bit below the groundPlane collision plane (although others are pretty close).  Is there a way to get more accurate Impact data since the actual simulation seems pretty accurate?  Also, they seem to show up a frame after I would expect them to.  Is "Impact" data generated for the frame after a collision is detected?

Also, I am using a Glue Object, so the Impact Data I want shows up on "piece1", "piece2", etc. and not on the source object "sphereObject1".  Is there some way to get all the Impact data from the entire simulation rather than having to collect it for each piece at a time using expressions like "dopnumrecords" and "dopfield" (which don't take wildcards).

Thanks for any help.
Craig