[Sidefx-houdini-list] Dual-Sreen Problem

Dan Schneider eyevex at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 30 02:59:45 EDT 2011

you may get most consistant behaviour by splitting off a 2nd window. It sounds liek you may be using a single window crossing both screens? If so
-- SHFT+CTRL+W to tear off
-- move this floating pane to the other screen and max it
-- use ALT + [ or ALT+] to get the desk top you want
-- make sure the main windo is on the other screen
-- optionally save your desktop

You wont get the playbar and shelve spanning both screen like this, but it should be clean, consistanbt,and function ok.
There are a ton of ways to configure the gui and you should be able to independantly move the shelf, playbar, etc to a location that you find best.

This will also allow you to just minimise the 2nd screen window or bring somethign to the forground on it with out disruptign the other window so much