[Sidefx-houdini-list] H12 and multiple GPU's

Ron Schab ron.schab at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 23:22:02 EDT 2011

Saluton,

One - well me at least - can't help but think about H12 and all of it's new
GPU enhanced goodnesses.

Especially since I am about to purchase a new laptop - well, it might have
to be more of a menhir depending on the outcome of this thread - I am
wondering how an NVIDIA SLI configuration will scale with H12.

It seems like "recently" NVIDIA added support to threat Cuda calculations
over multiple GPU's: http://www.slizone.com/object/sli_cuda_learn.html

If so, would that be done automatically via NVIDIA drivers or is this
application driven? (I keep reading contradicting answers to this)
Has this been tested with H12 by any chance and if so what were the
outcomes?
Would an SLI setup of two gtx 580m's give me an equivilant of 4gb Vram
enabling heavier sims and 768 Cuda cores all churning away on my sims like
it was one GPU?

thanks a lot for sharing any experiences in general and H12 related

cheers
Ron