[Sidefx-houdini-list] MacBook Pro compatibility

Mark Alexander malexander at sidefx.com
Mon Aug 22 15:23:17 EDT 2011

H12 will be available on OSX 10.7 and 10.6.

On 10.6, Viewport HQ Lighting is unavailable for Macs with Nvidia
graphics. Apple fixed the crashing in 10.6.8, but it's exceptionally
slow (100x slower than Nvidia's Linux/windows drivers) and thus not
enabled.

On 10.7, Viewport HQ Lighting has been fixed for Nvidia graphics.

AMD/ATI graphics have HQ Lighting available in both 10.6 and 10.7.

Cheers,
M.

ps - OSX 10.7.1 is available as of last week, and 10.7.2 is in developer
preview mode.