[Sidefx-houdini-list] extracting points from locators

Kursad Karatas gonderici at plecxus.com
Mon Aug 15 15:34:15 EDT 2011

On 8/10/2011 2:18 AM, zoran arizanovic wrote:
 > thanks for all the help I will try these options today :)
 >
 > On Wed, Aug 10, 2011 at 2:34 AM, Rangi Sutton <rangi at kanuka.com.au>
wrote:

Zoran,

I think that you should be able to use CHOPS for this task (use fetch
CHOP for grabbing position data). Then you can use all the position
information in SOPs via channel SOP to plot your points or lines. At
least that is the theory. You might end up using forEach SOP for
grabbing and matching coordinates individually.

I use this approach to draw motion curves for the keyframed objects. I
have not tried it on 100s of objects though.

kursad