[Sidefx-houdini-list] MacBook Pro compatibility

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Wed Aug 10 16:25:52 EDT 2011

I'll toss in that I've been using Houdini on a MacPro ( workstation,
not book) for
about a year now and I've been pretty happy with the results. We're
not doing
feature work but a variety of spot, broadcast and corporate work in HD.

It's hard for me to compare speed directly with Linux because the
Linux boxes
we have Houdini running on here are a bit older than the Mac ... so
it's tough to compare.

Would not be surprised if it is in fact slower on OSX than Linux. But
the convenience of having
all of my other Mac apps so handy ( Final Cut, AE, Pshop, tracking,
etc) is a big plus for me.

The recent Final Cut news is concerning though .... tough to say
where that is all going.
Holding on tight to my current cut for now.

Larry

--
Larry Giunta
Creative Director