[Sidefx-houdini-list] extracting points from locators

Stephen Tucker stucker at allegrodigital.com
Tue Aug 9 19:48:45 EDT 2011

I'm a little confused about this too...

Let me get this straight, you have individual points brought into multiple objects using fbx and simply want the points to exist in the same object? Have you tried the Combine tool on the Modify shelf? That should merge all of the locators into a single object. If these objects are not individual points, then you should easily be able to use a foreach or a fuse to extract the centroids... you could even easily add normals, upvector, and cross product if these points are coming in as gnomons.

Cheers!

Stephen G. Tucker

http://www.allegrodigital.com