[Sidefx-houdini-list] Mixing sss and refraction. Ouch.

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Tue Aug 9 13:44:49 EDT 2011

Hi Christopher,

Actually, it should be fine but there is a trick!

For reasons best answered by SESI, they leave turned off and unexposed
a critical parameter for SSS.

In the SHOP that has the SSS, try this:

Dive inside, find the Surface Model VOP. RMB on it's icon and select
Allow Editing of Contents.
Dive inside the Surface Model, find the "if2" VOP that's inside the
grey SSS network box. Dive inside.
On the Physical SSS node, turn on Optimize Secondary Rays for both
Single and Multi scattering.

Now try rendering, you may find it finishes :)

Cheers,

Peter B