[Sidefx-houdini-list] HDRI rat file manipulation in COPS?

Szymon Kapeniak szymon.kapeniak at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 13:41:05 EDT 2011

Are you sure, you're exporting all deep raster from a *.rat file after
processing? If I recall correctly, rop_comp by default exports only
C+A, stripping off all other channels. This would break hdri, since
C+A are back/white in this case, and the actual hdri is stored in a
front/left/right/etc planes.

2011/8/2 Floyd Gillis <floyd at afcg.com>:
> Am wondering if there's a way to manipulate (brighten, mono, chroma shift,
> etc.) an hdri rat file (like the ones included with Houdini) using COPS?
>
> Have tried different settings and COPS seems to be doing something and the
> new rat files seem to be the right size... but they no longer appear to
> contribute to lighting in the render.
>
> Any suggestions appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Floyd