[Sidefx-houdini-list] Rendering Solutions... Any suggestions

Michael K. O'Brien mobrien at pixar.com
Fri Apr 29 02:26:33 EDT 2011

Hola~

Sort of. Frame Dep, Switch, Fetch, and Wedge all break this paradigm.
Prepost is a specialization of it.

Oh, and be weary of the Initialize Simulation Ops as it will rebake your
simulation for every render request. So, if you run:

   render -f 2 100 /out/simulationROP

It's good. If you run:

    render -f 2 2 /out/simulationROP
    render -f 3 3 /out/simulationROP
    render -f 4 4 /out/simulationROP
    render -f 100 100 /out/simulationROP

The sim will run 2, 2-3, 2-4, 2-5, ..., 2-100. If you turn off "Initialize
Simulation OPs", the sim will run 2, 3, 4, ..., 100 as you would expect.

This bit us. We run a for loop with single frame render commands so we can
update status and kick off children tasks that are frame dependent (so we
can see simulation results mid sim).

MO