[Sidefx-houdini-list] Rendering Solutions... Any suggestions

Lars van der Bijl com48com at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 15:25:18 EDT 2011

but surely this is not the way task get submitted to hqueue?

I understand the method that houdini uses to create it dependency tree for
local render. but how will it turn this into a tree of separate task to
utilise the farm most efficiently?

also something that bugs me in how subnets always get handeld as a "bucket"
of task where everything that has no output connector gets rendered. this
works perfectly in theory but it means that you cant split things out
easily.

stream one for local render. stream two for farm rendering. granted you can
do it with a switch. set it to a invalid input. stopping the traversal.

it also means that it's harder to use houdini's traversal to create a
dependency tree. or am I missing something?

Lars