[Sidefx-houdini-list] Render into RV

Georg Duemlein rdg at preset.de
Wed Apr 13 22:36:01 EDT 2011

Before this is blurring into a more generalized discussion:
Thanks for your input!

It sounds like one would like to keep mplay/ipr as the main render target
and patch some scripts/shelves to integrate RV as a helper application. RMB
view in RV comes to mind.

On Wed, 13 Apr 2011 17:31:33 -0700, Andrew Lyons <tstexture at gmail.com>
wrote:
> You have a point. As the authors of Naiad once said: "It's all about
highly
> optimized data structures." GTO has it's upside...
>
> Cheers
>

> On 13 April 2011 12:35, Antoine Durr <antoinedurr at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> I too have thought about this.  For rendering individual frames and
then
>> inspecting deep rasters, Mplay is definitely the place to be.  But
>> sequence from disk, managing playback, caching, sequences, image
>> modification, etc. RV is simply faster.
>>
>> -- Antoine
>>

>> On Apr 12, 2011, at 3:29 PM, Georg Duemlein wrote:
>>
>>  Hi!
>>>
>>> Anybody looked into rendering directly into RV from Houdini?
>>> I saw there's hrmanpipe - which might or not might help in this case,
>>> but
>>> I'm not sure I understood how to use it.
>>>
>>> Any hints, tips or opinions are highly appreciated!
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>>
>>> Georg
>>>
>>> --
>>> Georg Duemlein