[Sidefx-houdini-list] Render into RV

Mark Elendt mark at sidefx.com
Wed Apr 13 11:31:18 EDT 2011

Depending on the API to RV, you might be able to write an image device:

    http://www.sidefx.com/docs/hdk10.0/_i_m_g_2_i_m_g___raw_8h-example.html
    http://www.sidefx.com/docs/hdk10.0/_i_m_g_2_i_m_g___raw_8_c-example.html

The idea being that if you render to a ".rv" file, it would send data
to RV.

It probably wouldn't be as interactive.  It might be more work to
support multiple image planes, but it might be do-able.

On Wednesday Apr 13 at 11:24, John Coldrick wrote:

> I think it would be tricky outside of getting SESI to do something.  While rv
> certainly looks pretty nice, I would say that I agree with Andrew, though.  I
> haven't got a clue how I would get by without being able to interactively
> click to focus the render.  Which is a better flipbook?  Debatable.  Which
> would be more effective to render to?  mplay, methinks. :)
>
> 	Cheers,
>
> 	J.C.
>
> On Tuesday 12 April 2011 06:41:28 pm Andrew Lyons wrote:
> > Don't do it. Mplay is awesome.
> >
> > :)
> >
> > On 12 April 2011 15:29, Georg Duemlein <rdg at preset.de> wrote:
> > > Hi!
> > >
> > > Anybody looked into rendering directly into RV from Houdini?
> > > I saw there's hrmanpipe - which might or not might help in this case, but
> > > I'm not sure I understood how to use it.
> > >
> > > Any hints, tips or opinions are highly appreciated!
> > >
> > > Cheers,
> > >
> > > Georg
> > >
> > > --
> > > Georg Duemlein