[Sidefx-houdini-list] Polygons to Rib

Andrew Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 12:19:15 EDT 2011

There are two rib writing systems in Houdini:

1./ HDK
2./ Soho

The HDK always seems to write pointGeneralPolygon. I personally would love
to see some more options on this HDK method - for tools that loop over all
the primitive groups in a fractured object for instance, and write out an
archive for every piece. Unfortunately that is not possible at present.

You could hack Soho to do this however. It's possible to add your own
properties - one of which could be a switch to insert points Polygons
instead of the other. I've done the like before to have Houdini insert
procedural geometry calls in Rib at SOP/primitive group level. There's a
little ramp up time with soho in order to do so, but it is possible.

Cheers