[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini GO|Pro Webinars announced...

Dan Schneider eyevex at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 7 19:53:57 EDT 2011

I dont know if I agree really... I have done master class videos and attended
some in person. Alot of the real down and gritty stuff is largely unsearchaible
on the web and the docs contain alot of good info but not as much usage
techniqe...  much like the days before all the fantastic documentaion and
tutorials the community now has, you can only get that kind information from
someone who has spent significant time working with it.  There been many times I
needed to do something ultra specific and even google will only return <10 not
so appropriate/helpful results and times I have helped other with advanced
techiqes I had spent alot of time in.

Of course its not cool to bombard people with questions while they are
presenting, but most presenters can moderate such things and pause at planned
times to answer question before moving on, else theres not much help in having a
person interactively involved beyond what you can get from a pdf. Also I think
the audiance for advanced topis have a certain level of
experiance/professionalism when it comes to such things.... Just my opinio on
it, but I do think the format would be condusive to advanced presentations as
well.