[Sidefx-houdini-list] Breaking a font into clean points

Vincent Serritella vincent at imageworks.com
Fri Sep 24 20:51:11 EDT 2010

One way is to use a geometry cop on your font sop and set the image to
something like 4ksq to get enough resolution, then use a trace sop to
extract the result and adjust the step size on the filter tab.  You'll
need to add a hole sop after the trace to get the counter space back on
the character.

Using a resample sop and enabling 'resample by polygon edge' will work
as well, but it doesn't handle curved shapes very nicely.

--v