[Sidefx-houdini-list] Cam back to aperture Maya/Nuke/Houdini

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Fri Sep 24 18:19:40 EDT 2010

Hi,

Anyone dealt with this? Any pointers appreciated! I sure wish
Houdini's camera was compatible with the rest of the world :(

Here is the problem we are seeing.  When a camera is sent via FBX from
maya to Houdini the filmback
values are changed to an aperture value.
Then when the camera is exported via FBX from Houdini to Nuke or back
to Maya the values are
different.

Below are the numbers we are using/seeing:

Actual filmback:
0.882" (22.4mm) x 0.496" (12.598mm)

Image resolution:
1920x1080

Maya to Nuke is good

Maya to Houdini:
Houdini converts the filmback values to 16.7979 (aperture)

Houdini to Nuke = different values: 0.661" x 0.372
Houdini back to Maya = 0.661 x 0.372

No, I am not on Facebook.