[Sidefx-houdini-list] Slow renders

Jed Schwartz jed at jedschwartz.com
Sun Sep 19 16:32:16 EDT 2010

Tried micro poly's but takes even longer than ray tracing- no
environmental lights, but there are some old shaders and lights that
need to re-create all lights and shaders so everything is native to
H11? Not a happy thought-!

On Sep 19, 2010, at 3:50 PM, Andrew D Lyons wrote:

> Hi Jed,
>
> What rendering engine are you using? Micropolygon?
>
> What light types do you have in the scene? Is there an environment
> light in there?
>
> Cheers
>

> On 20 September 2010 01:42, Jed Schwartz <jed at jedschwartz.com> wrote:
>> I'm finding that render times per-frame for a scene I originally
>> created in H10 are taking around 5x longer to render in H11- I did
>> update a few of the shaders that were not translating well to the 11
>> environment-- but really nothing major different about the assets,
>> maps- light--etc-- I see there's lots of new tools in the H11 output
>> drivers.. any suggestions of where I might look to speed up the
>> render--
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Jed-

Jed Schwartz
Creative Director
Jed Schwartz Productions
603-495-3125
jed at jedschwartz.com
http://www.jedschwartz.com

This e-mail (including any attachments) is confidential and may be
legally privileged. If you are not an intended recipient or an
authorized representative of an intended recipient, you are
prohibited from using, copying or distributing the information in
this e-mail or its attachments. If you have received this e-mail in
error, please notify the sender immediately by return e-mail and
delete all copies of this message and any attachments.