[Sidefx-houdini-list] Interact POP

Georg Duemlein rdg at preset.de
Tue Sep 14 22:59:46 EDT 2010

I found the ProximityPOP [1] to be a much better choice for this kind of
task: http://vimeo.com/1904788

Well, the video doesn't show the wandering particles - they become
visible once they stick to a dead particle within their proximity.

[1] http://www.sidefx.com/docs/houdini10.0/nodes/pop/proximity

On 10-09-14 3:14 PM, Alex Czetwertynski wrote:
> I'm trying to achieve the effect of a POPNET where particles stick to each
> other once they enter within a certain proximity.  I have a very simple
> setup, just a basic Popnet emitting particles from a sphere with some curl
> noise.
>
> The help card is really hard to understand when it comes to the Interact
> POP.  I can see it is the node to use, but wondering if anybody has a more
> simple way of explaining the workings of that POP
>
> Thanks!
> Alex

Georg Duemlein
+1 604 726 4230