[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini, I love/hate you.

Floyd Gillis floyd at afcg.com
Tue Sep 14 21:16:10 EDT 2010

  So true.

I don't code much anymore, but when I did it was often more rewarding
finishing up a beatiful piece of code than seeing the images, data, or
processes it was used to create.

How many of us have taken the extra hours, days, or weeks to refine a
piece of code that already "works" fine?  Cleaning up the logic, getting
rid of every last unnecessary line, cleaning, optimizing, etc, etc, to
the point where it becomes more like writing poetry.

Coding can be an art.  And, it can be addictive.  Sometimes you don't
know when to stop.

F.