[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini, I love/hate you.

Ron Schab ron.schab at gmail.com
Tue Sep 14 11:07:34 EDT 2010

" I have come to the conclusion that if Houdini were a game, it would be
called
'Portal'. "
=> LOL

"as some packages give you sugar first and hell later, usually at the point
where you least need it (deadlines).
"
=> very true

I can see both points and yes in some occasions (mainly quick-one-off jobs)
it doesn't necessarily make sense to bother thinking procedurally.  That
however changes very quickly when i.e. a client wants a change that then
could mean changing one simple node up the tree or rebuilt the whole setup
as seen in a lot of other packages.

In my opinion it's just one tool of the whole set and sometimes a jackhammer
does more harm then good.  In those cases doing it by hand is by far more
viable.  It all comes down to needs, but a possibly broad set of a variety
of tools usually
is the best foundation.

anyways, ... my 3cents

cheers