[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini, I love/hate you.

John Coldrick jc at axyzfx.com
Tue Sep 14 08:30:18 EDT 2010

	To be fair, I think SESI pushes proceduralism simply because it's a given
that you can always manually hammer through things and then start all over
again when the client asks for another change.  It's what makes Houdini
awesome.
	But yup, no question, sometimes it's best to just get it done, without 50
dials to set noise levels prior to filtering the audio signal to adapt the
height of...I just want that...THERE!  :)  Proceduralism can be a disease.  It
should just be a bloody powerful part of your arsenal...

	I have come to the conclusion that if Houdini were a game, it would be called
'Portal'.  ;)

	Cheers,

	J.C.

---