[Sidefx-houdini-list] Wacome tablet and field entries

Ron Schab ron.schab at gmail.com
Mon Sep 13 22:09:15 EDT 2010

Yup,

H10 had the same thing.

As far as I am aware it has to do with the convenient way Houdini captures
mouse position and relates keyboard input to that (contextual keyboard
input).
I.e. *"mouse over viewport"+ tab* results in a dropdown with relevant inputs
which is different to* "mouse over network editor" + tab *dropdown.

Whilst using a mouse the issue you are describing annoys far less (as
usually you just let go of the mouse =>focus is still where you last
clicked) it is still there as well, if you move your mouse before you start
typing.
Using a Wacom makes this a lot more apparent UNLESS you start lifting your
pen perpendicular of the tablet before letting go of your pen.

There might be a way of turning this feature of though, but then you will
lose it's advantages too.

Hope this made sence ;)

cheers
Ron