[Sidefx-houdini-list] Delayed load for IFD?

Peter Bowmar pbowmar at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 12:58:45 EDT 2010

Ah, I see. In fact, in a roundabout way, yes. However, I bet you'll
find it's faster to displace in the render than have a ludicrously
large (millions of polys) .bgeo loaded each time...

You can get Mantra to write  a .ply file using some now-forgotten
trickery using printf() statements in a shader.. Don't forget that
unless you turn off Hiding and use Uniform Dicing, you won't actually
get a full object written out, and that doing this will slow down your
render significantly...

Cheers,

Peter B

--