[Sidefx-houdini-list] Delayed load for IFD?

Andy Nicholas andy at andynicholas.com
Wed Sep 8 10:31:35 EDT 2010

Hi list,
Does anyone know if there's a way to include a pre-exported object stored
in an IFD file back into the render? I'm interested to know if there's a
way of doing this in a similar way to the delayed load procedural shader.
Otherwise I guess the only option is to directly manipulate the IFD files
with some funky ASCII engineering.

It's just that we've got an object with some heavy displacement on it that
takes about 30 mins to export, and it would be handy to just do this once
and reference the IFD file at render time.

Thanks for any suggestions,

Andy