[Sidefx-houdini-list] Reduce L-system to one primitive

Andrew D Lyons tstexture at gmail.com
Wed Sep 8 07:49:53 EDT 2010

Yep. Probably what you want to try is to create a custom attribute per
branch in your L-system rules. With each branch able to be isolated
via some kind of a partition into a group, you can loop over all the
groups and consolidate points, and possibly even fit a curve to the
branch using local interpolation mode (curves only). Convert back to
polygon after that.

Also, is it not possible to get the desired shapes from your rules?
That will provide the most organic results.

Cheers