[Sidefx-houdini-list] general way of asking if a channel is animated?

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 07:16:55 EDT 2010

2010/9/2 katrin schmid <Katisss at gmx.de>:
> hi,
> i am in 10. something and isTimeDependent()
> is not true with expressions...
> Hm, that is a pretty fundamental one, i cvheck 11 tomorrow.
Well I think  I catch the problem, is your expression result changing
across time?
If you use something like $FF, isTimeDependent() will return True.
But if you use something like sin(50) in you expression the result
will be alse, which makes sense.
In the last case the parameter is not animated, you can just return
the channel value.
A different thing if if you want to know if the channel has expressions or not.
Trying in H10..0.484
> Thanks,
> katrin
>

> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Thu, 2 Sep 2010 10:20:46 +0100
>> Von: "Pablo Giménez" <pablogipi at gmail.com>
>> An: sidefx-houdini-list at sidefx.com
>> Betreff: Re: [Sidefx-houdini-list] general way of asking if a channel is      animated?
>
>> 2010/9/2 katrin schmid <Katisss at gmx.de>:
>> > hi,
>> > this is more a hou question:
>> > is there a general way of asking if a channel is animated
>> > (by either keyframes or expressions)?
>> > Expressions return false on isTimeDependent() and
>> > .expression() gives an exception when there isnt one...
>> > thanks,
>> > katrin
>> What version of Houdini are you using?
>> I remember using isTimeDependent() and it return the proper value, no
>> matter you use keyframes, expressions or CHOPs, I think you have to
>> use it rather than keyframes() because the last can't detect if the
>> channel is controlled by CHOPs.
>> But the problem is that I in H11 this method seems to be broken, it
>> return False if your channel is controlle by an expression or CHOPs.
>> In H10 works properly.
>> I have tried with H11.446.9, don't if in the latest daily build is fixed.
>> >

>> > --
>> > GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99
>> €/mtl.!*
>> > http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl
>> >

>> --
>> Un saludo
>> Best Regards
>> Pablo Giménez

> GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 €/mtl.!*
> http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Un saludo
Best Regards
Pablo Giménez