[Sidefx-houdini-list] general way of asking if a channel is animated?

Pablo Giménez pablogipi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 05:20:46 EDT 2010

2010/9/2 katrin schmid <Katisss at gmx.de>:
> hi,
> this is more a hou question:
> is there a general way of asking if a channel is animated
> (by either keyframes or expressions)?
> Expressions return false on isTimeDependent() and
> .expression() gives an exception when there isnt one...
> thanks,
> katrin
What version of Houdini are you using?
I remember using isTimeDependent() and it return the proper value, no
matter you use keyframes, expressions or CHOPs, I think you have to
use it rather than keyframes() because the last can't detect if the
channel is controlled by CHOPs.
But the problem is that I in H11 this method seems to be broken, it
return False if your channel is controlle by an expression or CHOPs.
In H10 works properly.
I have tried with H11.446.9, don't if in the latest daily build is fixed.

> --
> GMX DSL SOMMER-SPECIAL: Surf & Phone Flat 16.000 für nur 19,99 €/mtl.!*
> http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Un saludo
Best Regards
Pablo Giménez