[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini as a modeling tool

Gene Dreitser keyframe at rogers.com
Wed Sep 1 18:57:29 EDT 2010

Also, from the (near the end of) prisms days...  But, we have a 'rule of thumb'
here at the studio.

If we need to model 'this', we use modo.
If we need to model something 'kinda like this' we use houdini.

The class of objects that have a 'binary' approval process (you are either
'on-model' or you aren't), are probably best suited for a straight up modelling
tool (can we say edge sliding? arbitrary orientation of xform handles?
falloffs?  Anyone?  Bueller?  Bueller?)

Gene Dreitser
Loki Visual Effects
p: 416.532.5654 // c: 416.803.0682 // www.lokivfx.com