[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini as a modeling tool

Larry Giunta larry at gcreativestudios.com
Wed Sep 1 17:56:10 EDT 2010

I'm another one who models just about everything in Houdini .... but
I'm also left over from the Prism days. So there you go.

I still find the procedural work flow and ability to animate at any
step to be extremely valuable. I couldn't imaging not having that
flexibility.
I'm sure many modeling task are better handled by other packages. But
just the same it seems that a solid knowledge of SOP function and
workflow would be a benefit to any Houdini user .... especially when
first learning the package.

It always struck me as funny when people would say "it's a great 3D
app, but you can't model with it" .....what??

Larry