[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini as a modeling tool

Sean Lewkiw Sean.Lewkiw at cis-vancouver.com
Wed Sep 1 17:23:23 EDT 2010

I did the 3d buzz modeling tutorials years ago when I was doing a character job, and have found the knowledge I gained there invaluable.  It's very handy to be able to actually organically model something in Houdini without having to open some other package or ask someone else to do it.

Although most of our models come from elsewhere, I sometimes need to go in and add detail or polysplit or whatever...  Or model a collision object, or make a bullet, etc.  I'd say at least spend a day doing a simple organic modeling assignment.

Sean