[Sidefx-houdini-list] Houdini as a modeling tool

James Rutherford JRutherford at stclaircollege.ca
Wed Sep 1 15:41:23 EDT 2010

hmm...obviously guys like Floyd and I started with Prisms and are just fine with the modeling in Houdini...what are the others doing?  Modeling in another package, not modeling but part of a pipeline where they use existing models and do something with them in Houdini, some sort of procedural surface creation, blah, blah, blah.....
I'm trying to develop some Houdini curriculum for a course and I just can't get it through my head that learning how to model in Houdini isn't really important to everything else....but maybe it isn't....maybe I should be teaching only with existing models.
Jim