[Sidefx-houdini-list] H11 python hou.session scripting problem : global name 'hou' is not defined

ubik.lists at noos.fr ubik.lists at noos.fr
Wed Sep 1 12:22:07 EDT 2010

Hi,

I have a serious problem with python in H11 (using 11.0.478 currently).
I have a simple function in the hou.session module as follow :

def viskey():
    obj = "window"
    for i in range(0, 4):
        myObjName = obj+str(i)
        myNode = hou.node("/obj/"+myObjName)
        myNode.parm("ty").set(i)

this works fine in H10, but in H11 I get

  File "hou.session", line 5, in viskey
NameError: global name 'hou' is not defined

Has something changed in H11 ? Examples in the docs using hou.node() don't work either.

Thanks a lot,
Vincent