[Sidefx-houdini-list] plugins in HSITE path are not loaded

Dan Bethell danbethell at gmail.com
Wed Sep 1 10:10:31 EDT 2010

On Wed, Sep 1, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Edward Lam <edward at sidefx.com> wrote:
> On 8/31/2010 11:30 PM, katrin schmid wrote:
>> i tried with HOUDINI_DSO_PATH straight and
>> started getting quite some errors (below).
>
> If you want to modify HOUDINI_DSO_PATH, you have to _append_ to it, not
> replace it.
>
> eg. export HOUDINI_DSO_PATH=&:/my/new/path

Yes, lots of things start going wrong when you don't append to
standard Houdini envvars. I've found the hconfig program very handy
when setting up these kind of things.

For example, 'hconfig -ap' on linux x86_64 tells me...

HOUDINI_DSO_PATH                          := "@/dso_^:@/dso"
    The search path for loading custom plug-ins (Dynamic Shared
    Objects or Dynamic Link Libraries).
    Default path: '@/dso_^;@/dso'
	Where @ is replaced with HOUDINI_PATH
	and ^ is replaced with linux_x86_64