[Sidefx-houdini-list] Should one IFD be able to be rendered cross platform? windows / mac

Robert Kelly isstuff at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 20:53:17 EDT 2010

i can do all my paths with in Houdini as forward slashes on windows
boxes and its happy.. i can even mix and mach slashes and things will
still work, if i want to make trouble for my self if i ever want to
pass that string with python. But it is a testament for how much
Houdini doesn't mind the backslash. Unless it is an environment
variable like $HSITE then you need forward slashes.

As a rule if you stick to '/' for all paths houdini will sort it out
even a UNC path like //server/projects/ works and on a niX machine if
you have a folder called /server in the root and you simlink the
projects folder into it you can work across mac, linux  and windows
boxes.

Now i just have to write a submit to rush tool. as the mac farm uses a
different render manager.