[Sidefx-houdini-list] Should one IFD be able to be rendered cross platform? windows / mac

Georg Duemlein rdg at preset.de
Thu Oct 21 14:54:52 EDT 2010

I've got a bookmark for this thread - it's coming up regularly :)

http://www.sidefx.com/index.php?option=com_mailarchive&Itemid=212&view=IDX&exactsubject=[Sidefx-houdini-list]%20non-hardened%20environment%20variables%20in%20IFDs?&perpage=20&revdate=off

On Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:48:33 -0700, Peter Bowmar <pbowmar at gmail.com>
wrote:
> I believe the paths are expanded, however I recall some voodoo to hack
> IFD files to do what you describe, maybe the Python filtering will now
> work :)
>
> On 21 October 2010 11:45, Robert Kelly <isstuff at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Can i create an IFD on a windows box that will be able to render on
>> both windows and mac using environment variable like $JOB inside the
>> IFD with $JOB being set one way for windows and another for the mac
>> boxes then the IFD?
>>
>> Or are the paths always collapsed into one path when the IFD is made
>> and it will only work on one platform so deal with it?
>>
>> I expect Dealing with it  may be Python filtering the IFD's to replace
>> all "X:/Projects' with "/Volumes/Projects"..... is that the answer?
>>
>> Robert

Georg Duemlein