[Sidefx-houdini-list] can you un-set the hip files $JOB variable

Dan Schneider eyevex at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 19 18:58:43 EDT 2010

i dont have windows in front of me, but if I understand your question --i am not
%100 sure i do, and remember my Win CMD shell correctly...

'set' in cmd is like 'setenv' in tcsh or 'export' in bash and you can use it to
set all your opaths and variables similarly in a session prior to app launch,
and in place of using an env file. It should be easy enough to test. These will
not stick in new cmd shells launched separate. The 'cmd shell command 'setenv'
which I think became available with the resource kit for 2000 or 2003? will and
if I remember correctly actually adds a user or machine variable into your
registry as you would see in the 'environment variable' window via control
panel->system props.