[Sidefx-houdini-list] DOP's: 20,000+ cube wall

Rick Fuentealba ricardof at gmail.com
Mon Oct 18 12:54:41 EDT 2010

Ack, good luck with this in DOPs land.

One of the things that can help "optimize" this is using RBD Point Object.
If the objects are the same size, you can instance the same object over a
point cloud, and with that you can also use simpler SDF collisions. Also
writing out your SDF for your RBD objects is essential.

And one way I'd recommend actually running the sim and writing it out, is
via hbatch or hrender. That way you don't force Houdini to display.

Hope this helps.